Work Package 9 - Policy
This work package is being led by Jon Pickup (SASA)
To influence change in government policy to safeguard Scottish land from PCN and create a coordinated control strategy for infested land.
Influence change on Scottish Government policy surrounding the following areas related to PCN:
- Review potential incorporation of special PCN-free status to protect land from future infection with PCN.
- Review statutory control measures to enhance PCN management, including increasing the planting of PCN resistant potato seed in the proximity of existing or previous infestations.
- Incentivisation for landowners to be involved and engaged in long-term PCN management.
- Assess the lack of regulation of ware land for PCN management.
- Increasing soil testing provisions and sampling precision within Scotland by reviewing equipment and laboratory space.
For more information about WP 9, please contact: Jon.Pickup@sasa.gov.scot